In 1843 Ivy House in Middle Deal Road was a on a market garden plot of about 8 acres. It was then part of a large farm occupied by John Brown. A few years later it was farmed by John Rigden who worked land in Mongeham as well as Deal, and later still by his son James, through until about 1903. By 1941 it was part of Mount Bros farm who managed about 150 acres altogether.
Research: Ian Williams