By late 1895 a row of four terrace houses was constructed in a field adjoining Church Path. The terrace was named after the Marquis of Dufferin , the then Lord Warden of the Cinque Ports. An auction sale notice, including all of the houses from 1897 shows that at least one of the houses was occupied from September 1895.
This page records information from various sources, working from the 1843 tithe map, through census information, forward to the Inland Revenue valuation of 1910, and local street directories up to 1918. Separate tables are shown for the land before development, and for each property.
Research: Ian Williams