The ownership and occupation of this farm has been traced back to 1796 using maps and sale documents, the 1910 Land Valuation Survey, and the National Farm Survey made during World War 2.
At the time of the tithe survey, the farm was occupied by William Pevey, and subsequently by his son George, who is shown in the 1851 census as a farmer of 34 acres, employing 2 men. Ten years later it is surprising to find George Pevey living in Ringwould, working as a gardener. Probably the farm land in Deal owned by John Iggulden and a new lease, was sold in the 1850s after his death in 1848. This suggested by several estate maps in Kent Archives listing lots for sale in Deal and Ringwould; however no further details of this supposed sale have been found as yet.
It seems likely that Crews Farm was named during the nineteenth century after Samuel Crews, the owner of an omnibus carriage business in London. In 1878 Crews sold off 60 horses related to a contract with the Metropolitan Railway and may have partly retired at that time. By 1886 he had acquired land in Deal, and was resident there with his two grand-daughters in 1891. By 1901 Samuel had returned to London. The farm was owned by Rebecca Crews Thomas in 1910 and remained in the family for at least another 30 years. In 1910 it was occupied by Frederick George Curling who also worked Neptune Farm. By 1941 according to the National Farm Survey it was rated as very productive under the occupation of Sidney A Farrier who married one of the daughters of F G Curling.
Research: Ian Williams